Sunday, January 15, 2012

Jungle Flight


I woke up this morning excited and ready to go on my first zip line adventure, Jungle Flight. I was feeling pretty proud of myself because I shopped around for prices and found a tour agency who sold me a ticket for 1700B, which is 290 cheaper than most! Woo hoo! The bus took us on an hour ride outside of Chiang Mai into the lush jungles of northern Thailand. Much bug spray was worn. I saw many country villages and people along the way. There are roosters and dogs everywhere.


Our guides were hilarious! The Thai people sure do know how to have fun. I love how the people just rely on common sense and have fun with the rest. The instructions consisted of a quick 2 minute run down of do's and don'ts... final instructions consisted of: "I do all the equipment. Keep you safe. That's my job. Your job: smile, laugh, have lots of fun...don't pee your pants." And that was it, I was first to go, he clamped me on to the line and said OK GO! Ha!
Breaking demonstration.
That hooked bamboo stick is our breaks, should we need them.

The guides would do all sorts of funny things like yank the line all over the place while you went on the line, and push you off then yell "Oh wait noooo!" just to make you scared. On the descents we did they would hold you really still then drop you fast and catch you right at the bottom. Basically, anything that they could do to make you laugh and have more fun would happen.


The main guide kept telling us it was his first day so hopefully someone's been here before. The guides would just joke around all day with us. The beginning of the next video went like this: Guide: Haven't you come to do this before?, Me: No, Guide: Oh I know where I've seen you"... the rest is there:

Cheers Thailand, you know how to show people a good time.

Locals building a new spot. 

 Descending a spiral staircase made only of planks and wire, then crossing a swinging bridge.

 So fun!

 The long line (I did the shorter inexpensive trip.
The more expensive one has a very long line on it. But its 500B more)

 Thailand's jungle

 After this we had a limousine ride
(backseat of a truck with planks along the sides)


 That goofy blue head cover I assume is to protect me from lice. So hot.


 That sure made my stomach drop coming down there!



I'm having such a blast! Tonight is the Sunday night market right next to where I live! Only 2 more nights in Thailand :( Off to explore town some more and eat some Rotee.
Rotee: The Thai version of a crepe with sweet fillings and toppings.
This one is banana/nutella with chocolate and frosting!!!!!
MMM I need to go get one right now I'll see you all later!

4 comments:

  1. Rock it !!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are having a lot of fun. So glad you explained the blue hairnet thing. I was wondering.
    xoxo
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Learning to fly!!!! but I ain't got wings....LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete