Thursday, January 19, 2012

Final Days in Thailand

 Raman, Rikke, Mads, and I. The rest of my all too short time in Thailand, 
I spent relaxing and enjoying the company of my 3 friends. They are such easy company. 

Some bazaar fruit.

Hand carved soaps at the night market. They smell so nice.

Every night we’d go to the night market, sight see, bargain, and eat great food. On my final day we went sunbathing at a pool and ate lots of exotic ice cream. My flight to Bali was broken up in 2 sections: Chiang Mai to Phuket, sleep in a hotel, then 6:20am Phuket to Bali. Before needing to get on my flight to Phuket, I had a few hours to kill. So what did I do? What any sane person with time to kill in Thailand would do: get a massage! This was my 3rd massage in Thailand. I’ve had foot massage (which unadvertised is just mostly feet, and always includes arms legs shoulders and head), Thai massage (prepare to become a pretzel), and this one was back/shoulders/head/face. Oh man, this one was the best one yet. At first I was a bit worried because I was waiting 20 minutes with Mads who was receiving massage next to me before the therapist showed up.  Then 2 guys came in. I wasn’t expecting this. This is the first time I’ve ever seen male massage therapists in Thailand, and I was a little uncomfortable with the idea at first, but soon my fears were put to rest.  At first this guy was going soooo soft like he was afraid I’d break. But I was finally able to communicate “more pressure” to him and after that it was the best massage I’d had in Thailand. And talk about the best way to send me off from the country.

That night I flew into phuket and had a short 4 hour sleep at Dee’s Bungalows, th sister hous to Naiyang Cottage. They are very good quality for 800B /night in the beach area. Big cozy bed, AC, hot shower, kitchenette… if only I had more than 4 hours there.

This is why I'm excited about my toilet:
 The standard Thai toilet. Squat and aim, folks.
Oh and the hose is your toilet paper.

 All too soon the taxi driver was knocking on my door. Thank God for this, as my alarm had failed to go off and I would have missed my flight! So I gave my driver a good tip for that.

And now here I am, flying out of Thailand and eating chips that Lays should make in the States. It makes me sad. This country is so wonderful. I can’t wait to come back. I feel like I was just starting to get the hang of it all. 10 days is way too short, but it was so worth it. I am excited for my new adventures, and I can’t wait to come back.

PS. check out the Ko Phi Phi post again, I added pictures. And make sure to watch the link to the Muay Thai Boxing.

2 comments:

  1. yes 10 days is too short !
    phuket can worth 2weeks at least :D

    ReplyDelete