Saturday, January 12, 2013

Cape Foulwind and an unexpected friend

After a long day of driving and the river stop in Buller Gorge, we finally made it to the west coast of the Southern Island, to Westport and Cape Foulwind. What a payoff we had there. This night was the most stunning 360 experience of the trip for me. Atop Cape Foulwind (named appropriately as you  might imagine), there was a breathtaking sunset on one side, and sweeping mountains topped with a rainbow on the other. Incredible!




My poor little camera was no match for the stunning beauty of nature. 

 Check out this character.
I have no idea what type of bird this is.
He just sauntered right up to us and started curiously watching.
Eventually he taste tested Sabrina's foot... eh no good.

 I think he just wanted to hang out.

I don't think he has wings.

2 comments:

  1. Tamara KopalaFebruary 21, 2013

    OMG, what a place!!! You should put these up on TripAdvisor, it'll be the best advertising everrrr <3 <3 <3
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g255125-d3164888-Reviews-Cape_Foulwind_Seal_Colony-Westport_South_Island.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip Tamara.. I think I'll do that once I find the time!!! I'm glad you're enjoying my blog! I hope to see you once you come to Cali!!!

      Delete